Notice: Sources often remove their news links after a period of time. Some of them move older stories to a subscription-only section. Even if the story is no longer on line, our summary will still be available on this page.
Valentine's Dynamic Love
Feb. 13, 2009 - Charles Colson notes that modern romantic ideas about Valentines' Day has little to do with either the story of St. Valentine or of the Bible's supreme view of love. About Valentine, a 3rd-century priest, he writes,
Colson remarks that most prominent modern-day apologist have written at least one book about love. Some examples are C. S. Lewis, Francis Schaeffer, Norman Geisler, Ravi Zacharias, Art Lindsley, and Peter Kreeft. [One of Colson's own best-sellers was "Loving God".]
- The Roman Emperor Claudius II personally interrogated him and tried to persuade him to convert to Roman paganism (or die). Valentine refused and tried to convert the emperor to Christianity instead, eventually dying a martyr's death.
He says that Love is the true apologist's motive, and it is also the telos, or end goal. Since God is Love, understanding the true nature of love means helping people understand the true nature of God. In addition, the aim of real love is helping others know God.
- Source: Charles Colson - Christianity Today
Questions And Links For Love
These are some of the questions that are asked about this topic. Search the links section to find helpful teaching and resources from Christian apologists.
- Why would a loving and all-powerful God allow suffering? - "What If We're Right" Radio series
4Truth.net: A Reasoned Defense of Christianity
- Southern Baptist – North American Mission Board
- "Challenging believers to think and thinkers to believe."
- Harry Edwards - Founder
The Bereans Apologetics Research Ministry*
Biola University - Christian Apologetics Program
- Biola offers a Master of Arts degree in Apologetics. They also conduct certificate programs for their popular "Defending The Faith" lecture series, and support the peer reviewed journal, Philosophia Christi. Dr. Craig Hazen leads the outstanding faculty of this department.
Center for Christ and Culture
- The teaching ministry of S. Michael Craven, a Christian cultural apologist.
- A mega-site providing biblical answers to contemporary questions for all ages and nationalities with over 45-thousand files.
- Menu - Bible and Theology Questions
- Eden Communications / Films For Christ - Lowell Wallen, President, Executive Director, Paul S. Taylor
Christian Research Institute (CRI)
- Home of the "Bible Answer Man" radio program with Hank Hanegraaff. Publisher of the "Christian Research Journal." They have a large searchable database with helpful articles on all aspects of apologetics.
A Christian Thinktank
- Glen Miller
Dinesh D'Souza Website
- Author of best-seller, What's So Great About Christianity
Evangelical Philosophical Society
- Evangelical Philosophical Society (EPS) is an organization of professional scholars devoted to pursuing philosophical excellence in both the church and the academy. Interested laypersons can join as full, associate, or student members.
Dr. Gary R. Habermas
- History, Philosophy, and Christian Apologetics:
Specializing in Resurrection-of-Jesus Research
GodSaid/ Man Said
- Answers to current questions
- Fascinating site of the famous billboards.
- 183,234 Bible Questions Answered!
Holman Quick Source Guide for Apologetics
C.S. Lewis Society – Tom Woodward
C.S. Lewis Foundation
- "Telling the truth at the speed of life." Leadership U. is a project of Christian Leadership Ministries, part of Campus Crusade for Christ, International.
- Apologia Report
- A weekly overview of spiritual trends noted in the global media. Editor: Rich Poll
The National Conference On Christian Apologetics
- Nov. 13-14, 2009 - Hickory Grove Baptist Church, Charlotte NC
Reasonable Faith - With William Lane Craig
- ...providing an articulate, intelligent voice in defense of biblical Christianity in the public square
Reasons To Believe
- Biblical creation teaching from the perspective that astronomy and other scientific disciplines prove that the earth and Universe are billions of years old. Dr. Hugh Ross is President and Director of Research.
Stand To Reason
- This is the website for "Stand To Reason" radio show and host Greg Koukl. Koukl and other faculty members offer lectures and seminars geared towards helping Christians gain practical tools they need to make a difference in their world.
To Every Man An Answer
- This is a live call-in radio program that answers your questions about the Bible and the Christian faith.
The Truth Project
- From Focus on the Family - Dr. Del Tackett
What If We're Right?
- Weekly radio program answering skeptics' questions. Hosted by Brian Hoerning and Ron Graff
Ravi Zacharias International Ministries
- A global ministry that seeks to communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cultural influencers throughout the world.
- Love on YouTube
There are a number of user-edited Internet encyclopedias, known as "wikis." These may be very helpful, but because of the input of multiple editors, they may be incorrect. Go to any of these wikis and do a search for "Love" or any other topic.
- Wikipedia - General interest - May have non-Biblical point of view.
- Theopedia - Traditional, evangelical, Protestant point of view.
Notice: Ads are not necessarily endorsed by Apologetics Central.